Saturday 15 March 2014

Envy Dual Fix 12 Review

Hi guys! 

So recently I won a competition from Twitter and bagged myself a hair care goodie bag full of a few nice little treats for my hair (obv). I've tried a few of the products out and I have to admit, I'm impressed.


The Envy Dual Fix 12 was one of those little treats which is retailing for £19.95
I was eager to try out this product mainly due to the bottle. It's a very sleek looking product. I've never seen or heard of anything like this product before so when I received this, I was extremely confused as to what it was. 
After much research and a lot of re-reading the bottle, I've come to the conclusion that's it's some kind of treatment that can repair all hair types. 
Not only that, but it also has 12 benefits which explains the name of the product. 

The 12 benefits are as followed: 

Amazing shine - Helps repair damage - Weightless silk effect - Easier detangling - Helps re-hydrate hair - Improves styling and blow drying results - Thicker fuller feel - Helps reduce frizz - Rejuvenates tired colour - Hair feels stronger - Reduces the appearance of split ends - lasts for weeks. 

Envy saysEnvy Dual Fix 12 is a professional salon treatment that helps repair all hair types. Containing a perfect balance of silk proteins and keratin amino acids to target damaged areas and attract moisture to give long lasting results. Available in 200 ml and 1 Litre refill.

Keratin Amino Acids: Derived from the same protein that hair is composed of, Keratin Amino Acids penetrate the hair to balance and retain moisture. 
Silk Proteins: Harvested from the empty cocoons of the silk moth, Silk Proteins help to moisturize, smooth, gloss and condition the hair. 
Panthenol (Pro Vitamin B5): Helps to strengthen hair, add moisture, boost volume and shine.
Glycerln: Helps to moisturize the hair. 
Guar Gum: A natural ingredient which helps condition the hair. 

There is 2 ways to use this product. You can either use it intensively (monthly) or regularly (weekly). If you use it intensively then you must follow these instructions: Apply generously and evenly from the roots to ends on to dry unwashed hair. Rough dry with a hairdryer until completely dry. Rinse thoroughly, shampoo twice and condition as normal. If on the other hand you decide you would rather use it regularly then you must follow these instructions: Shampoo hair, rinse and apply a generous amount to wet hair. Leave for 1 minute, rinse and condition as normal. 

My hair is quite badly damaged. I'm not sure how, I've never bleached it. Only dyed it a few times but somehow I have really bad split ends, it's constantly falling out and it's always so dry and dull. So I decided to use it on a weekly basis, just until it starts to get a bit better then I will switch to using it monthly. 

The product is a foam consistency, it's not runny or messy. Just a few pumps and that's it. I suppose the amount of product you use depends on the length and thickness of your hair. My hair is quite thin looking and medium length so I used about 7 pumps of the product (this was mainly due to the fact of the length my hair is). The smell is really nice too, not off putting at all which is always a bonus. I made sure to brush through my hair with a wide toothed comb to distribute the product evenly. 
Even before I rinsed the product off, I noticed a change in my hair. The softness of my hair was really noticeable and just the way the comb glided through my hair was nice. This is strange for me, as my hair always has massive clumps in it (believe me they're hell to get out).  

After I'd finished my whole hair routine, I left it to air dry. I would of used a hairdryer but considering it was 11pm and little kids live on both sides of my house, I thought I'd better not. It dried surprising quickly though, usually my hair (when being air dried) usually takes a few hours to fully dry... but I noticed that it only took about 45 minutes to dry! Amazing!
My hair feels silky soft and shiny... not greasy but shiny! First time for everything haha! It's still easy to run my fingers through it without stopping for a knot. My mum also commented on the colour of my hair. She says that it's darker than what it usually is. 

The only problem I have with this product is the green & black colour combination on the packaging. I've said somewhere above that I like how sleek it looks, which is does don't get me wrong but I feel that green is and always will be a "boys" colour. It would look a bit better if it is was more of a "girly" colour. 

All in all; I love this product so far! I would definitely consider buying it after I've finished up this bottle. For nearly £20, I'd say this product is well worth the money and if you have damaged hair then you should buy this product immediately seeing as though it is for all hair types. 

No comments:

Post a Comment